Pro* users unite!

be careful, i just watched Andrew’s UI proposal
and he said speech in this community is a privilege,
be careful before the gestapo get ya.

holyenigma74, are you suggesting now that Andrew Price is the Hermann Goring of Blenderdom? Shame on you. You should be ashamed of yourself. Go hide in the corner. This is a stupid thread. I have finally become Endi’s disciple. Bwahahahahaha.

Dude it is a privilege. If you abuse it you can lose it on this forum like any other and it won’t be Andrew who enforces that.

Fundamentally true. This is, after all, a private site not under any governmental jurisdiction. Hence, any activity (speech included) is a privilege, not a right.

Fight and you may die. Run and you
will live at least awhile. And dying in your bed many years from now,
would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for
one chance, just one chance, to come back here as young men and tell
our enemies that they may take our UI but they will never take
our Blendaah!"

Oh, I have to agree with you all. Actually presenting cogent arguments and reasoned logic is shocking, and simply defies everything we stand for.

We should stamp out any dissention, and I for one will fight for your right to silence me. Also, any form of wit other than the very simplest should be banned outright.

Note that all the “privileged speech” warnings come well after the ad hominem attacks on myself at the start of the thread, which makes holyenigmas74’s comment rankle all the more.

PhoenixSmith, English might not be your first language, and therefore might I suggest that you examine the word “sarcasm” in an appropriate on-line resource? I think you might discover that not only did that particular…oh why am I bothering?

abc123, I bow to your greater wisdom and give up. My time is too valuable to me.

he said in community, so…
If someone started a new forum, do they not belong to the “blender community” at large?

since its open source who decides the fate of non-compliance? :wink:

So far I havent heard a single piece of constructive argument from OP poster.
No word on what exactly needs to be protected from changes in the current UI, no specifics on what his fears are. Just troll bait.

Nobody replying is taking on the troll bait either.
Looks like this thread is bound to get closed soon.

If something, at least it proves the point that the blender artist community is weary or this sort of pointless arguing and they dont take it seriously. It seems to be a laughing stock

Let’s just close this before it goes to crazy…