Probably been asked before . . .

I’ve only just started really putting effort into animation. I’m getting really annoyed by the movements that blender is creating. In a simple animation of a sphere going from one point to another with two simple keyframes from point A to point B, the object meanders.

I have the same problem trying to rotate something in place. The object just moves around randomly between keyframes.

i have had this problem too. go to action editor or nla and try moving the second keyframe a hair farther. taht usually does it. i think it recalculates or something :-? but it works

Post a blend file. I don’t have such problems.

GreyBeard

I’ve found similar things - if the IPO is a bezier curve. Sometimes the keyframe points overshoot, and the movement of objects wanders around.

Two possible solutions for this: 1) use linear IPO; 2) edit the bezier control points so that the overshoots are removed.

Of course, this might not be your problem :slight_smile:

_namke

I didn’t use action editor, IPO, bezier curves or anything like that, mainly because I’ve been to lazy to learn that. Just a few keyframes.

GreyBeard, I wish I could post the file but I don’t think that that is going to happen. It was an animation of a ball moving through a long tube. All it’s movements were going straight along the tube and the ball moving up and down. Between keyframes, it moves sideways through the walls of the tube and then jumps back inside.

I’ve only just started really putting effort into animation.

I didn’t use action editor, IPO, bezier curves or anything like that, mainly because I’ve been to lazy to learn that. Just a few keyframes.

Kind of contradictory quotes don’t you think? When you keyframe you automatically create IPO curves, you just haven’t looked at them. Without seeing what you’ve done its pretty hard to help you.

GreyBeard