Probably easy to answer for you but not for me

as a new member i couldnt reply anymore today, and i did not want tolook like a douchebag. i dont know how to change it to cycles. and im trying a 20.10.2 downgrade right now so i have to restart. i dont want to get banned for using a 2nd account but like i said did not want to look like a A hole either

1 Like

Click on the buttons highlighted in red. Switch the rendering engine from Eevee to Cycles.

Huh? New users have a post limit? I thought it was the other way around, and posting was encouraged to get that trust level up faster. Anyway, don’t worry, we’re not eating anyone here for not responding here and now :slight_smile:

yes that did not turn into a silhouet

how is that inappropriate?

I think you got auto-flagged due to dupe account. Hopefully once one of the moderators sees what’s going on they’ll take appropriate action :wink:

Looks like this is a problem that is exclusive to Eevee on your device. For now, I think you can complete the tutorial using Cycles (unless the steps in the tutorial can only be done in Eevee).

yes thank you very much. too bad i cant use evee but i got a lot of tutorials to go anyway before i can make use of it anyway. at least i can learn the basics this way.

have a nice day guys and once again thank you

yesterday i made this simple minecraft-like temple with white pillars green grass and brown ground textures and all following a beginner tutorial.

but everything is now purple when i opened it again. even when i render it . does it not save the textures in the file or does it always need to access them from my computer? considering i deleted those after the tutorial. i might have answered my own question but a verification would be nice to know.

Yes, bright pink means an image is missing. By default, Blender expects any image files you use to stay where they were in the file system (relative to the .blend file). A copy of an image can be saved inside the .blend file (image/uv editor -> image menu -> pack), at which point the original file is no longer needed and can be deleted.

thank you. yes, like i said i answered my own question but its still nice to know for sure

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.