Probably incredibly basic

Hi I apologise if this is overly simple but i’ve never done any animation before and don’t intend to in the future, (python, modeling and textures should keep me occupied. :D)
So I’ve a model comprised of four objects. One object must turn one way with the other objects parented to it and the other three objects must turn in the oppisite direction in sync.
Any ideas how this can be achieved so that to complete this movement requires only one rotation of a empty or something of the like.
Thanks in advance.

hey Wookie1,

It may sound simple, but it actually has the potential to be quite complex. It depends on if you plan to rotate any of the objects while they are offset. This is because the IPO curves are in global coordinates (relative to the parent). You can see this thread for more explanation (and an example file) about that.

A simple way to deal with the 3 objects rotating in reverse (if they are rotating at the same speed) could be to use the same IPO curve for all of them. That way you need only 2 curves for 4 objects. Or if you’re a python guy maybe you can find a way to use just one curve, and reverse it’s input for the opposite direction (but I have no idea how to do something like that) :wink:

Hope that helps! :yes: