(Probably) simple job - Hollow & shell a Blender object

Hi folks,

I have a single job that seems like it should be easy, but I haven’t been able to figure it out yet. I have a 9 foot scaled 3d model of a blue whale in a Blender file format (other formats also available ) that has internal structure that I want removed. Once the internal structure is removed, the shell should be made to be 1.66mm thick. The return files should be in STL, OBJ and Blender file formats, just to be certain that my ignorant self can find some way to use it.

The internal structure to be removed includes a whale tongue and a 0 thickness plane that has to be leftover from some poorly done file conversion or transform. The plane is the harder item that I haven’t yet figured out how to remove.

This is a hobby project for my own use. I may share the resulting files with others.

Contact me for the Blender file. I’d prefer to engage with one person at a time so no one does duplicate work

I’ll offer $50 via Paypal for the completed files. If you think that’s not enough, let me know and I’ll consider a different amount.

It’s morning here on the US east coast and I received a bunch of overnight responses. I’ll work through those responses in the order that I received them.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.