Problem creating a material

Hi,

I tried myself to create a wooden material like this (for wooden beams in my scene).

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/5565/bubingadk6.jpg

Unfortunately, I can’t seem to figure out how to create a realistic, good looking material that would be suitable.

I’m just wondering if any of you can point me to a material that looks like this? Or give any advice on how to do it. It doesn’t have to look exactly like it at all, but it does need to look like a material that would be used for a heavyish beam.

Help appreciated a lot,
Thanks

go to www.cgtextures.com they have some pretty good material there, not sure if there’s anything resembling to what you’re looking for, ya never know

or

www.sxc.hu, you’d have to register in and sign up in order to download the stock photos, they have some pretty good wooden textures, or you can take some of those textures and manipulate them to make your own custom wood in photoplop (yes photoshop lol sorry) hope that helps

Sxc.hu is a really good website. I’ve been getting stocks from there for a while, and I’m sure they’d have a good wooden picture you could use.

Or you could use a pre-made Blender material library [link]

Use Append to load the material.