problem doing the compile no such file error

Now that i have mingw dealt with (it really wants my thunderbolt connected) i am running into a problem part of the way through is halts on

"In file included from source\blender\blenkernel\intern\context.c:42:0:
source\blender\blenlib/BLI_threads.h:38:21: fatal error: pthread.h: No such file
or directory
#include <pthread.h>
^
compilation terminated.

scons: *** [C:\blenderSVN\build\win32-mingw\source\blender\blenkernel\intern\con
text.o] Error 1
scons: building terminated because of errors.

"

any hints as to whats wrong??

please note the file pthread.h does not exist anywhere in the source (where should this come from and what else is “missing”??)

“pthread.h” should be part of MinGW and will typically be installed in the main “include” directory for MinGW. Did you do any customization on your MinGW install?

okay i looked and that file is not there i am now doing a full install of everything remotely c related (not installing the ada or fortran stuff)

and its a default mingw install

My guess would be that you might not have installed the development tools and just installed some kind of runtime. The whole point of WinGW is to provide a set of libraries for GNU software builds. If your MinGW has an option to install something called “Posix” support or “Posix threads” then that is what you are looking for.

yeah its kind of funny that installing the c compiler (and friends) didn’t also install the libs (once i thought to find them i went ahead and installed all of them)

Admin,

Could you please be so kind to tag this thread as ‘closed’.

That would be very much appreciated.

Kindest regards