Problem importing Collada files into Blender

Hi,

I am having problems importing Collada files, in one such attempt, I got this from the terminal:

juanluis@juanluis-laptop:~$ blender -p 0 68 1255 956
height prob
Compiled with Python version 2.5.2.
Checking for installed Python… got it!

The minor version of the file you are using is newer then the plug-in, so errors may occur.
Delete everything from the scene…
scene.link(ob) deprecated!
use scene.objects.link(ob) instead
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/share/blender/scripts/bpymodules/colladaImEx/cstartup.py”, line 639, in ButtonEvent
transl = translator.Translator(doImport,version,debug,fileName, useTriangles, usePolygons, bakeMatrices, exportSelection, newScene, clearScene, lookAt, usePhysics, exportCurrentScene, exportRelativePaths, useUV, sampleAnimation, onlyMainScene)
File “/usr/share/blender/scripts/bpymodules/colladaImEx/translator.py”, line 80, in init
self.__Import(fileName)
File “/usr/share/blender/scripts/bpymodules/colladaImEx/translator.py”, line 87, in __Import
documentTranslator.Import(fileName)
File “/usr/share/blender/scripts/bpymodules/colladaImEx/translator.py”, line 293, in Import
self.sceneGraph.LoadFromCollada(self.colladaDocument.visualScenesLibrary.items, self.colladaDocument.scene)
File “/usr/share/blender/scripts/bpymodules/colladaImEx/translator.py”, line 473, in LoadFromCollada
ob = sceneNode.ObjectFromDae(daeNode)
File “/usr/share/blender/scripts/bpymodules/colladaImEx/translator.py”, line 1950, in ObjectFromDae
object = childSceneNode.ObjectFromDae(daeChild)
File “/usr/share/blender/scripts/bpymodules/colladaImEx/translator.py”, line 1950, in ObjectFromDae
object = childSceneNode.ObjectFromDae(daeChild)
File “/usr/share/blender/scripts/bpymodules/colladaImEx/translator.py”, line 1817, in ObjectFromDae
dataObject = self.document.meshLibrary.FindObject(daeInstance,True)
File “/usr/share/blender/scripts/bpymodules/colladaImEx/translator.py”, line 3430, in FindObject
return self.LoadFromDae(daeInstance, bObject)
File “/usr/share/blender/scripts/bpymodules/colladaImEx/translator.py”, line 3534, in LoadFromDae
bMesh = meshNode.LoadFromDae(daeGeometry)
File “/usr/share/blender/scripts/bpymodules/colladaImEx/translator.py”, line 2462, in LoadFromDae
bMesh2 = Blender.NMesh.New(self.document.CreateNameForObject(meshID,replaceNames,‘mesh’))
File “/usr/share/blender/scripts/bpymodules/colladaImEx/translator.py”, line 206, in CreateNameForObject
mesh = Blender.Mesh.Get(name)
NameError: Mesh “mesh213-geometry” not found
Any ideas what could the problem be? Other times, when the models are not very complicated, Blender just hangs, and others it says that it was imported successfully but there is nothing to see.

Thanks for your help.

Just to add I’m getting the same problem and console messages. I think it has something to do with the compatibility of the Collada plugin but I’m a n00b so it could be me being stupid.

I’m trying to get models in from Sketchup 7 vua this method:

http://alexvaqp.googlepages.com/sketchupblender

The Collada plugin reports the import is successfull but Blender hangs with the top status bar reporting “Creating Blender Nodes” - it sits there like its computing but nothing happens.

Any ideas anyone?

Jaybee