Problem importing models into Photoshop CS6.

Hey guys,

I have a really basic Blender question.

I’m putting together a Photoshop piece that requires dozens of London taxis driving in formation. I have no real 3D experience, but I figured that using Photoshops 3D abilities would be far easier than photographing/rotoscoping dozens of taxis to get the perspective right! I bought a 3D model from the web, but I’m having difficulty getting the model to look correct in Photoshop. In Blender (the only 3D software I have access to) the model looks decent. The materials, etc seem to be there. But when I bring it into Photoshop, I’m just left with the gray model. In comparison, I’ve also purchased a 3D iPhone 5 model (from a different vendor) and it works great in both Photoshop and AfterEffects.

I’ve included a link to the .obj file for the taxi, if that helps at all.

If you’ve made it this far, thanks a lot for taking a look and for any advice you might have.

Joe

It may be because the taxi model does not use textures unlike the iPhone model which more than likely would.
Try adding a texture to the taxi and load into PS to see if it shows up. If it does then likely that’s the problem.

Thanks, Richard! I’ll give that a shot.