Problem: new edges get automatically marked as sharp

Hello everybody.

I have a problem in my Blender configuration. Basically all new vertices/edges (for example, created by extrusion) get automatically marked as sharp. Probably, I have tweaked something inadvertently before setting my default configuration. Thing is, I have no idea what.

Is anybody able to tell what could be the cause of this problem, so I can disable it without resetting settings to default?

Okay, this might be it.
In edit mode, hit the Nkey. you will notice a selection under mesh display (while in edge select mode) that has a check box for sharp. This could be your problem. I don’t know for sure though.
EDIT
you don’t have to be in edge select mode, it is still there.

pix

That checkbox only toggles the view of sharp edges. Disabling it doesn’t remove the problem, just makes it invisible. Even newly created meshes get their edges automatically marked as sharp. This isn’t the default Blender behavior as far as I remember.

Anyway, I just tried resetting default settings and the problem still occurs.
I’m starting to wonder if this isn’t a bug in my build of Blender (I’m not using an official version).

Oh…
Sorry, just trying to help.

If you’re 100% sure that the edge you’re extruding from is not marked as sharp, and if you’re using a Blender build from after the Bmesh merge, there was a bug relating to this (i had the bug in r44310) that has been fixed very quickly (i’ve been then testing with a blender build, r44434 from the buildbot and the bug is not there anymore)

100% sure.

and if you’re using a Blender build from after the Bmesh merge, there was a bug relating to this (i had the bug in r44310) that has been fixed very quickly (i’ve been then testing with a blender build, r44434 from the buildbot and the bug is not there anymore)
Looks like it’s due to this problem. Gotta update my build.
Thanks!