Problem With A Blender Model

I’m pretty new at using blender so I have no clue how this happened but any help would be appreciated
So when I open my blender file to edit the model it shows up like this:

(Image on the right is the scaled down version)

That hole in the middle shouldn’t be there, and before anyone says so yes the polygon’s are there. I can scale it down and the problem seems to be fixed but the minute I save and reopen it the model is right back to the way it was (in the first image).
It does the same thing when I export it, right after it scales back to where it was before.

I’m not sure what the problem is but I have to submit this file soon and if it shows up like this I’m worried I’ll fail the assignment.
It worked perfectly fine before, I had an export file that went into substance painter and it worked perfectly, same when I imported it into blender.
Anyone know what the issue is?

Hi,
Could be a viewport clipping issue. In the “N” menu | View tab - check the start/end points in the clipping section.

1 Like

Changing the clipping worked, start as 3m and end as 5000m
It seems to still disappear when I try to change the view with the mouse instead of by clicking the viewpoints but thats not as big a deal compared to the hole in the model

Thank you for the advice it was a great help

1 Like

Good! Check your scale, too. Sometimes your model may be “huge” in real world scale - and you can get inconsistent viewport results between users viewing it in their systems.
Take a look through the results here and see if anything may help.

Daf

2 Likes

As @Daf57 suspects, your issue is likely that you didn’t consider scale and modeled your object either too large or too small. I suspect too large myself.

Or if it is modeled to very specific and accurate scale then adjusting the camera clipping settings is indeed the way to go.

2 Likes

Turns out my model is huge XD
Scaling it down a ton did wonders, it no longer disappears so its a huge relief
Thank you~

2 Likes