Problem with blinking textures/surfaces

Hi

Here’s a dropbox link for a draft video of a HotRod 3D model:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5389283/HotRod2.avi

I’m not sure if this same problem occurs in other 3D softwares such as 3DSMax, Maya etc… but atleast in Blender surfaces start to blink in different kind of video renders from time to time.

Q1: If you are familiar with the problem of blinking textures, is it only a problem with Blender or would the same “BUG/PROBELM” occur in other software too.

Q2: Could someone who REALLY knows some FACTS about this problem tell tips and tricks how to avoid it occuring… The mesh is build from squares, not triangles (which some say could be one of the reasons this kind of problem to occur).

I would like to know facts, I’ve found out enough of “it could maybe be because of…” maybe is maybe and if theres nothing that is sure, this probelm will occur in future too again and again =D

So in the video the surface of the HotROd blinks around the section below the door.

I would like to know facts, I’ve found out enough of “it could maybe be because of…” maybe is maybe and if theres nothing that is sure, this probelm will occur in future too again and again =D

Nobody can give you a fact unless they have access to the blend file itself. These kinds of things can have multiple causes so without the blend file all you’re going to get is ‘it could be this/that’. If you want a clear answer, attach your blend.
Also could you make the video a little smaller in file size, 119 MB is a little excessive for a 3 sec video

I didnt notice the size of the video. I just pasted the originally rendered file. And in our country we have this thing called broadband which downloaded this file in little over 60secs :wink: .

The no:1 question still remains, that is this a problem for all 3D software out there… Or does it occur only in blender…