Problem with Bone Weighting.

I JUST started using blender. I downloaded a .obj from online and imported it into Blender. So, I made all the armatures and then tried to parent with automatic weight, but his error comes up:

“Bone Heating Weighting:Failed to find solution for one or more bones”

I would really appreciate it if you guys could post screenshots along with directions on how to fix this, because like I said before, I JUST started using blender.

Thank you. :smiley:

Blender will show that error for many different problems, if you are working with a mesh you aren’t familiar with, I suspect the error has something to do with duplicate faces, orphaned edges or vertices, mirror that wasn’t applied correctly, non-quad faces, etc etc. In other words, I’d suggest you look very closely at the mesh (a good idea whenever you’re working with a mesh that’s new to you)

I’m not sure what you mean by “duplicate faces, orphaned edges or vertices, mirror that wasn’t applied correctly, non-quad faces”. And what do I look for in the mesh? I’m not sure what to look for.

Edit: I guess removing the duplicated faces worked this time… For some reason, the first time I did it, it didn’t work. But it did this time, Thank you!