Problem with cloth simulation

Hi everyone,

This is my first time here, I’ve been using blender since 2.14, and have always resisted the urge to visit forums and ask - sometimes stupid - questions, but today I’m giving up :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m having some problem simulating clothes. I tried a lot of different settings, and had some good results with things like skirts or mantles. I’m trying to animate a pretty detailled character doing some quick moves (a jedi-like jump), this character wearing an animated shirt.

So I created a low poly character on a different layer, using the same skeleton, for collision (a method which worked fine up until now). Every simulation I tried ended up colliding through the mesh during the animation, no matter how hard I try.

The question, I guess, is : what are the guidelines for having a soft body always stick to collision objet, like an impassable barrier ? I understand that, as of 2.44, we can increase number of solver step per frame to improve collision detection, but it doesn’t do the trick for me.

I thank whatever help I can get, and can provide some screenshots of the scene if you like.

So you have got as far as it gets. Softbodys are no cloth simulation. A new true cloth simulation will come with v2.5.

Until then, check out this thread.

Nice tutorial, that’s roughly what I did.

So I guess I’ll juste have to wait.

How certain are we of that? Is the inclusion in 2.5 documented anywhere, or is it still just a rumor? I’ve been waiting long for this baby :smiley:

You can download a build with the new cloth modifier from graphicall.org
http://www.graphicall.org/builds/builds/showbuild.php?action=show&id=491

Yep, thanks for the link, but I think I’ll wait for the final release.
I somehow found a way to have a pretty decent simulation using the current cloth sim, so I think I’ll stick to it.

Anyway thanks to you guys :wink:

Sweet! Is the modifier the final version or WIP?