problem with compiling blender

I tried to compile blender on my ubuntu 9.10 system using Cmake and Scons after following the blender website instruction but I faced those errors:

with Cmake::
make[2]: *** [source/blender/collada/CMakeFiles/bf_collada.dir/DocumentImporter.o] Erreur 1
make[1]: *** [source/blender/collada/CMakeFiles/bf_collada.dir/all] Erreur 2
make[1]: *** Attente des tâches non terminées…
[ 72%] Building CXX object source/kernel/CMakeFiles/bf_kernel.dir/gen_system/GEN_HashedPtr.o
/home/selmi/blender-svn/blender/intern/elbeem/intern/solver_main.cpp: In member function ‘void LbmFsgrSolver::mainLoop(int)’:
/home/selmi/blender-svn/blender/intern/elbeem/intern/solver_main.cpp:1707: internal compiler error: Erreur de segmentation
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.4/README.Bugs> for instructions.
make[2]: *** [intern/elbeem/CMakeFiles/bf_elbeem.dir/intern/solver_main.o] Erreur 1
make[1]: *** [intern/elbeem/CMakeFiles/bf_elbeem.dir/all] Erreur 2
[ 72%] Building CXX object source/kernel/CMakeFiles/bf_kernel.dir/gen_system/GEN_Matrix4x4.o
[ 72%] Building CXX object source/kernel/CMakeFiles/bf_kernel.dir/gen_system/SYS_SingletonSystem.o
[ 72%] Building CXX object source/kernel/CMakeFiles/bf_kernel.dir/gen_system/SYS_System.o
Linking CXX static library …/…/lib/libbf_kernel.a
[ 72%] Built target bf_kernel
make: *** [all] Erreur 2

with Scons::
Compiling ==> ‘node.c’
source/blender/blenkernel/intern/node.c:31:20: error: Python.h: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
scons: *** [/home/selmi/blender-svn/build/linux2/source/blender/blenkernel/intern/node.o] Error 1
scons: building terminated because of errors.

please help!!

Probably you should use an other gcc compiler version. I had some problem too, while I tried to compile blender-2.5 debug version with gcc-4.4.1. My ubuntu distribution have got gcc-4.4.1 and gcc-4.3.4.
I used gcc-4.3.4 to compile succesful blender-2.5 debug version. I relinked gcc and g++ in /usr/bin from gcc-4.4 and g+±4.4 to gcc-4.3 and g+±4.3 accordingly to get it work.

Blender compiles just fine with gcc 4.4

dhia_selmi, do you have python3.1-dev package installed? Also, when you’re compiling, set your terminal to english locale by entering LANG=C. Makes googling errors and getting support much easier.

I agree. The error says Python was not found:-

error: Python.h: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type

[quote=luciofulci;1607646]Blender compiles just fine with gcc 4.4

If I compile with gcc-4.4.1(Ubuntu 4.4.1-4ubuntu9) and if I have BF_DEBUG =‘1’ in my user_config.py , I get:

intern/elbeem/intern/solver_main.cpp: In member function ‘void LbmFsgrSolver::mainLoop(int)’:
intern/elbeem/intern/solver_main.cpp:1707: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.4/README.Bugs> for instructions.
scons: *** [/home/???/blender-svn/build/linux2/intern/elbeem/intern/solver_main.o] Error 1
scons: building terminated because of errors.

Without BF_DEBUG it compiles fine with gcc-4.4.
With gcc-4.3(Ubuntu 4.3.4-5ubuntu1) i have no problem with BF_DEBUG.

i just insalled windows 7 abd ervery time i open a menu it slowly decreases size and until its completely gone the screen is just paused i dont mind it, its just does slow down things alot

Hi,
I have openSUSE 11.3 64bit
I got Blender2.5 binary with Cmake but can’t start it (“No module named encodings.utf_8”). Is there anybody here to get Blender started on openSUSE and what should I do for it? Thanks for any advice…