problem with firefox....

hey all i recently downloaded firefox it was all good until about every ten minutes i get an error that my connection timed out and the only way to fix this is to restart my comp and as you can imagine this is very annoying! so i wnderd what is wrong and how can i fix it?

Fudge

vlaraking-like response:
it is because you run windows

not much better response:
are you on dial-up? dsl? cable? does your computer have software required to go online? what is your isp?

though, it is weird firefox would mess things up, it is possible something proprietary wouldn’t work with it. [though, it doesn’t sound like a good isp that would do that to me, perhaps netzero or juno?]

I use Firefox for 1 year now on my adm xp prof pc, and no problems so far, no crashes or errors at all. :smiley:

I think it could be a user problem :stuck_out_tongue:

hmmm well i just tried with internet explorer and it does the same thing :-? im running windows 98 on a broadband connection, what could be wrong?

Fudge

did you sucsessfully remove the spam thingy? it could be that.

no but it started after (if you have any idea’s on how to remove it please say so)

do you still get that message? otherwise the website of your spammy message gives you the error.

and of course i know a sollution: a complete reinstall of your computer. but that is drastic.

You should read my sig a few more times.

geet eecks pee

This is just a suggestion, I’m not sure whether it would work on your specific problem, but no harm in giving it a shot.

1. Go Start -> Run…
  2. Type in “winipcfg” (without the quotes)
  3. Click “Release All”
  4. Click “Renew All”

I had to do this when my connection stopped working once, and it solved the problem.
Any networking pros on this forum?

P.S. This is my 500th, monkey-ifying post. Finally. :-? :slight_smile:

did you sucsessfully remove the spam thingy?

What spam thingy? Are you saying that firefox has some sort of spam thingy (whatever that might be)?

fudge got a message every ten minutes. he switched to firefox then. it was in a previous tread of fudge.

Do you have anti-virus on your computer?