Problem with importing DirectX files

Hi peeps, I’ve decide to use blender to create and edit models for my DarkBASIC game. However when I try to import a .x file the following message appears in the console:

Blender.scene.GetCurrent<> is deprecated
Traceback <Most recent call last>:
File “<String>”, line 305 in my_callback
File “<String>”, line 85 in import
File “<String>”, line 305 in writevertices
Value error: invalid literal for int<> with base 10: ‘x3d6_mat_material__1’

Now that sounds like it’s something to do with 3ds files?
Can somebody suggest any answers to this prediciment?

ur probably not gonna get much help on this, this is the BLENDER forums, not darkbasic, not 3ds, juust blender and python

lipsonfire brain obviously caught fire to:no:.
welcome to the forum Good job posting a question about Blender and Python in the questions about python and blender section of the forum. Don’t pay attention to that attitude you see in the above post.
You do need to post some more info to get a useful reply, what version of Blender ,which importer your using, you might want to link to an example file thats giving you problems.

Hmmm. I did think this was to do with python because python itself can’t make blender understand my .x files. I’m using blender 2.44 and it won’t

Hmmm. I did think this was to do with python because python itself can’t make blender understand my .x files. I’m using blender 2.44 and it won’t import any of the .x files I have using the default Directx (.x) blender importer. I may have to use the DarkBASIC forums because theres probably other people with this problem.

Well it does look pretty much unsolveable on a forum without any DarkBASIC users. But I understand that this must be a very specific problem.
Thanks
ncl1994

You could try this rather than using “File>Import>DirectX(.x)…”
I’ve just now started experimenting with python. I have not a clue how to use it yet.
However, I was able to “import” a DXF file via scrips very easily.
Split your view>change one port to Scripts window>click (scripts)> pop up-“Import”>pop up-"DirectX(.x)…

Here, you’ll have access to an array of settings. Hopefully this will help resolve your problem.

… the other day I was looking at some game data and I was having the same problem.
I did run across this application though. http://www.spinnerbaker.com/meshx.htm
After I was able to use it to view my file , I resaved and was able to open it in Blender.
It must have cleaned up the file. Let me know if this helps.

Nah, there’s no options or settings for the x files imports. Thanks for the help everyone but I’ve found a semi-convienient way to use the models I needed in my DarkBASIC. I can use 3ds instead but it takes loads longer to load… Ah well.