Problem with lighting

I have created a room with a window. I am trying to shine a spotlight through the window to get a moonlight type effect in the room. This isn’t working at all. The spotlight will illuminate an object in the room, but I am not getting the rays of light in the window…

Is there something that I don’t know about? Can someone give me a little help…

Thanks
Schwin97

If I got your point you want ‘volumetric light’ This is done by pressing the ‘HALO’ button in the spotlight properties window.

Play with the HaloInt value to get your desired results!

Stefano

Try turning on the HALO button for your light source.

Doh, you beat me to it Stefano :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the help so far, but I have the HALO button depressed. With the HALO button, the whole room is filled with the light ‘rays’. If I then set ztrans on the room object none of the light ‘rays’ enter the room.

Thanks again for the help!

Schwin97

To use Halo properly, first set up shadows – you have already done this, it looks like. Then turn on Halo, and put the Halo Step on a value between 1 and 12. A value of 1 gives the best quality; 12 gives the worst, and 0 gives just a pure halo with no volumetric shadow.

I knew there was something I was forgetting. I had forgotten to turn shadows on for the scene. Once that was done, everything looked like it was supposed to. Thanks for everyone’s help.

Schwin97