problem with loading scripts

Hello,

Sorry that I do not have much time to browse the search engine.

I have the problem that the scripts I type in do not load in gamelogic. I have placed some scripts from snale rose in the scripts directory but
it does not help much, this scares of of course, but I will be patient!

Further did my own interpertation of the turorial only make the program
hang, so I think I have to struggle with it for a while.

I also have discovered panda3d, but in this not much can be exported
like the world and the textures, but it looks really steady, much more
than blender.

Thanks for replying and regards,

Bart

Hmm. Your leaving out some information so it’s a little hard to tell. For scripts to load into the game engine you need a sensor attached to a python controller and the python controller names the script.

I’m not sure what program your referring to do. If it’s the old snailrose tutorial you may have to use an earlier version of Blender.

Panda 3d is all right I guess. The problem I think you touched on is export, import. With Blender, you just build models and start the game engine. I don’t know how steady it is. I tried it once and I couldn’t even get the examples to run and when I asked about it in the forums someone jumped all over me and told me to do a search. I didn’t think of doing a search for an included program, I just thought it would work. Every engine has bugs and Blender probably has a few more than it’s share right now because they just converted the physics engine, but it runs pretty well with a few work arounds for me and there are people working on it making it better.

If you are using these scripts for the game engine they need to be copied into the text window in blender. Then they need to be activated within the engine by attaching a python controller which runs the script to an actuator.

Hello,

I just thought I had to type in the script name, as shown in the tutorial, but when you can to activate a python script, I am not sure it works
inmediately. I have made a demo with bouncing balls which worked fine,
only you can see now good textures, but I think my card gives up, you
can not see inmediate raytracing, I have read in the panda manual that
you have to write a code or something.

Thanks for the reply.

Regards,

Bart

If you are not sure your script is executed, than add a print statement to it. On the console you should find you message (or not).

“inmediate raytracing”? what is this? There is no raytracing in the gameengine. It is only in the raytracer modules.

I do not think that Panda manuals will help much for Blender. Usually you use the python scripts to script some kind of logic. Modelling is done in the Blender editor. Anyway you do not have to use Python scripts.

Regards

Hi,

I can not post to this forum as well??

Thanks for the answer though…

Regards,

Bart

Hello,

I meant that I could not see raytracing by default, you can only see the shining of light and I thought this could be much better, does this affect
only cheaper cards, I guess it must be…

Regards,

Bart