Problem with mirror modifier with hair

Hi, everyone. I’m new to blender and I have a slight problem with the mirror modifier…

I just add a cube and remove the half of it. I then use the mirror modifier with clipping, merge limit at 0.0010 and at x axis. This will create the other side of the cube and at the same time if I do any editing on the org side, the mirror side will also symmetrical to it.

However, when I go to object panel and switch to particle, I set it to hair and increasing my normal value…the hair will just only appear on the mirrored side of the cube, not the entire cube itself…I have tried looking into forum, google and youtube but without any results…

Hopefully some kind soul can tell me what is the steps or buttons that I missed…

There is a mirror fur property, but it doesn’t work with the mesh mirror modifier. You need a symmetrical mesh (apply the modifier) It’s in the particle mode under the “particle” menu under the main 3D view and is meant to be used at the combing stage.

See: http://www.blender.org/development/release-logs/blender-246/hair-and-fur/

Thanks for your advise…:o Finally got the problem solved…
Being trying to get hair for my first 3d head but cant find the solution to it, almost giving it up…and I thought it was a bug problem…:stuck_out_tongue: