Problem with rotation in particle system

A have one problem with modelling. My friend said to me few tips to modelling in blender and I need your help now. I have a project in my schoolabout plants and i am modelling a flower in blender, and my consultant is my “IT” teacher so i have to model something in blender.

my friend helps with it me, and i got some error. He couldnt solve it.

he said my about trick for modelling petals with particle system, but it didnt work. It should work, so petals had to be rotated correctly but they arent.

I hope you will help me with it…

Here are images:

Could you help me with it?

I have one problem with modelling. My friend said to me few tips to modelling in blender and I need your help now. I have a project in my schoolabout plants and i am modelling a flower in blender, and my consultant is my “IT” teacher so i have to model something in blender. I need to finish this project soon.

my friend (he bought some tutorials from nature academy) helps with it me, and i got some error. He couldnt solve it.

he said my about trick for modelling petals with particle system, but it didnt work. It should work, so petals had to be rotated correctly but they arent.

I hope you will help me with it…

here are images:

You probably must rotate the petal. If you upload the blendfile it would be easyer to understand the problem…

OK. i will upload it to mediafire or sth like that. But i am not at home, so i will upload it and post a link here in about 9 hours. Or tommorow.

Here is the blend file:

It is not clear what you are after. I assume you want flower like this?

http://www.gpnc.org/images/jpegs/plants/sunflower.jpg

There are many ways to create this other than particle. Using particle system is the hard way. Here is my quick example using Dupri Face. Parent the base where petals emerge to the petal. And set Dupri Face on base object. Note Z axis of petal is up, X axis forward, and petal object center is at the base.

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m626/cabby24/Blender%20Pics%201012/dupriface.png

Only catch with this method is the last petal. It flips!

Select the cylinder. In the particle system you scroll down to Render an check for Rotation

Then you go to Rotation and set it to normal

Set the Pivot center to Origin and select the Petal.

Rotate the petal like this: R Z -90

That should solve it for you.
God luck!

Thank you very much it works great! I will use this trick for future projects with particle systems ;), because i was pretty angry with this problem :smiley:

Thank to all of you guys :slight_smile: