Problem with text...HELP

Hi, I’ve tried to search the forums for an answer for this one but I can’t seem to find one. I know it’s probably very simple but I’m stumped so here goes:
I made an earth and I want it to revolve around an orbit so I made an empty on the center of the orbit, parent it to the earth and rotate it to simulate revolution of the earth around the sun. But if I rotate the earth on its axis also, it rotates all strangely and precesses.
How do I simulate revolution as well as rotation of the earth without this happening?

[EDIT] New problem at post 3…

What you need to do is parent the earth to the empty, rotate and animate the empty and then rotate and animate the earth. Be sure to include as many points as reasonable (you shouldn’t go >=180 between each point). I just did a test and it worked for me.

I think that worked, thank you very much! I do have another problem…

I have 2 cameras and the user can switch between the two by pressing 1 and 2. I want to add text and I follow this tutorial : http://www.tutorialsforblender3d.com/Game_Engine/Text/Text_Print_2.html But how do I make text appear such that it in the same place when cameras are switched?

I think that worked, thank you very much!

I do have another problem… I have 2 cameras and the user can switch between the two by pressing 1 and 2. I want to add text and I follow this tutorial :
http://www.tutorialsforblender3d.com/Game_Engine/Text/Text_Print_2.html
But how do I make text appear such that it in the same place when cameras are switched?

@J09 : Thanks a lot, that helped!

Now I kinda have another problem: How do you display like a piece of text on a plane such that it’s still on the same position when you switch cameras? Like say, the name of the planet or something. Is there such thing as putting it in a top layer?

Hello
put your text in a different/new scene with a camera, and in the main view do this ( for ex.):
Add empty with Always Sensor -> AND -> Add Overlay scene Actuator - “nameofthescenewiththetext”’
Bye