Problem with Texture Painting

Hello!

I recently downloaded Blender and now I’m following a tutorial in which the person from the tutorial is painting over an object, the paint in the tutorial is showing on both the left and right side, but when I do it the paint only shows on the left side. I don’t know how to fix this problem. I will really appreciate it if someone can help me fix this issue.

Here is how the paint is displayed inside both of our programs:

Thanks!

hello, maybe the problem is in ‘symetry’ , in your settings panel, after color palette, etc … click on symetry x, or y … or else your normals of faces are wrong, in this case, select all faces in edit-face mode, then press ‘F3’ , search flip and press flip normals. Try to paint after

1 Like

I tried to click on the symmetry x or y, but it didn’t help. And about the second advice, I couldn’t understand how to do that since I’m pretty new to all of this. I also notice that it let’s me paint over the object when x-ray is activated.

I can also paint on the unwrap (left side) and the paint affects the object on the right side, but when I paint on the object directly nothing happens.

I figured out how to flip the normals and this fixed it! Thank you so much! :grin:

No pb. Happy blending