Problem with thumbnail of attached picture (now it looks over-compressed and lowres)

Dear webmasters and moderators! I just created thread called “Her Majesty’s Zeppelins” in Finished Projects forum. Can you help me with changing thumbnail, please? Somehow, it looks wrong. I can’t say exactly, but it seems to be lowres, sharpened or over-compressed. Hires picture is ok, though.
Another little problem - I reply to posts, but my replies are lost somewhere. Possibly, it’s restriction to the new users (I have 1 message). But anyway.
Thank you for attention.

Problem solved with replies :). It was 10 post barrier.
Thumbnail problem still there.

Could you be more specific about your problem? When automated image scaling is involved (either server-side by our forum software or client-side by your browser), chances are good that the quality won’t be as high as scaling with, say, Photoshop or GIMP.

Thank you for replying. Posting 2 versions of the thumbnail - current one and scaled with ps. In my opinion, original thumbnail looks a bit over-sharpened. I think you’re right, that’s because of automatic scaling server-side. What do you think, is it worth changing thumbnail to a ‘‘softer’’ version?