Problem With Yafaray

I downloaded the newest version of yafaray (0.1.1 RC3) for Blender v2.49a. I installed it, following the instructions (I am on Win 32bit with XP) but when I go to the drop down render menu, the Yafaray script is not there.:confused: Am I supposed to move any files from the original location ( C/:Program Files/Yafaray) to blender, or do i just leave them where they are. Any help will be welcome.

You should have the following python script in your scripts folder: yafaray_ui.py

Did you install the correct yafaray version (there are different versions depending which python version you are using) These are on the download page

I’m sorry not giving you a direct solution but I recommend you search this forum for “yafaray” There are countless threads repeatedly covering this very subject and the various causes/solutions.

Richard

I finally got it to work! I found out that the yafaray_ui.py was in another folder that I didn’t see.:stuck_out_tongue: Thank you for your help.:slight_smile:

hey, if you don’t mind,
i had the same problem, fixed it with the same solution
then i got an error when i tried to export to yafaray:

Compiled with Python version 2.5.2.
Checking for installed Python... got it!
dll: C:\Program Files\YafaRay\yafraycore.dll
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender249\.blender\scripts\yafaray_
ui.py", line 35, in <module>
    cdll.LoadLibrary(dllPath + dll + '.dll')
  File "C:\Python252\Lib\ctypes\__init__.py", line 431, in LoadLibrary
    return self._dlltype(name)
  File "C:\Python252\Lib\ctypes\__init__.py", line 348, in __init__
    self._handle = _dlopen(self._name, mode)
WindowsError: [Error 126] The specified module could not be found

what do i do to fix it?

Have you tried to install another yafaray version before? You have to remove all other yafaray files from your scripts folder. The only one you should have is yafaray_ui.py

You can tell there other yafaray scripts by their name.

There is an excellent post by Alvaro at the end of this thread.
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=161937

Richard