problems in my project

ive been working on a project called “TR” for the past while now, because not long ago i started the whole thing over. but now im working my way up and this time i decided to start with the AI and fighting system first. It is working now, very simple with out scripts (because i never devoted the time to learn python) but it works. there are some problems ive encountered that i dont know how to fix, so im asking for some help and advise

problems:

1. when you are fighting the guy, sometimes he hits you through the ground and i even put a second plane below the first for support.

2. sometime when he hits you the character is send flying across the screen or he starts to slide away.

3. when i press enter to add the option screen the two guys just disappears, but i thing they just fell through the ground again.

thats all the problems i can think of right now but i hope someone can help me

thanks in advance

Instead of using the plane for the ground use a box. Add a material to your ground if one has not been asigned by default. Make your entire game bigger (and what I mean by “bigger” is , just scale up your level by 2x).

I don’t know if this will help you with the “punching through the wall” bit, but it should work well in stopping things from falling through the ground.

1. sometime when he hits you the character is send flying across the screen or he starts to slide away.

Thats the physics engine trying to make it more realistic (which unfortunatly isn’t all that realistic at all). You should consider setting the enemy to ghost so it doesnt cause a collision but the collision sensor will still sense it.