Problems running Yable

I try to run Yable, but I get error messages in the console window:
http://home.tiscali.no/hanspb/misc/yablemsg.jpg

and as far as I can understand, I have set the YABLEROOT in the script. Can anybody help, please?
Blender 2.26 on Win XP

Hans Petter

I encountered a similiar error message(s) on Win98 and Blender 2.26 .
Upgrading my Python to version 2.2 solved the problem.

Well, I have upgraded to Python 2.2, but it did not help a bit. :< I am sorry to say that if no one is interested in helping I have to give up using Yafray. I just don’t understand why it seems to work right out of the box for some people but not for me.
Anyways, goodbye to Yafray, I’ll experiment some more with Povanim/Povray instead. At least that one works. :x

Looks like Yable script has some problem with 2.26. I use 2.23 and it works perfectly (2.23 for export and obtain the xml of the scene is enough, at least for me :smiley: ).

Env

Of course I tried 2.23 as well. Same problems there. That is, not the long list of warnings, but the same Traceback-messages.
Can you tell me every little step you make to make it work, env? And I mean everything, from which python version you have to how you have set your YABLEROOT path, does it point to an existing folder or not? And also if there are other things. Because I am out of ideas, and the fact that it works for other people does not help me a bit if those people tell me why it works [!]

Oh yes. I’ll try to be exausive because I’m not so good at this kind of things…
First I’m under win98.
I’ve installed python 2.0 with the self-installing version, then added the usual python path in the sysedit window (and this is for every python script).
Then I installed Yafray in C, then installed the GUI beta you find on the Yafray site.
When I start Yable my texture path is “C:/yafray/texture/” (of course a folder named “texture” must already exist there), and I chanced the Yable root to “C:/Yafray/export/” (I mean I tiped the modifies in the script, then saved it as "MyPhyton etc…, as someone already advised on this forum).
I think this is all, and hope to have been helpful. If you have other questions, feel free to answer! :smiley:

BTW: very nice galleries!

Env

Perhaps a problem of “rights”. blender python can not create the directory because there is no permission to write in this part of the disk. Are you under XP pro?

Finally someone is responding!
I am not at home now, so all I say is as I remember it.

Env: “then added the usual python path in the sysedit window (and this is for every python script).”

What do you mean with “for every python script”? The python path is set once and for all in Properties for My Computer, Environment variables. (?)
Where in Yable do I set that texture path? Found nothing about that in the docs, except something about deleting old textures.

Jms: Im on XP Home, and there should be no permission problems as far as I know.

So. I really hope I’m going to get it right some day!

The python path is set once and for all in Properties for My Computer, Environment variables. (?)

Yes, I explained bad myself: I meant you do it one time and for all the python script… nevermind, your set is ok, as far as I know for XP.

Where in Yable do I set that texture path? Found nothing about that in the docs, except something about deleting old textures.

When you start Yable for the first time on a new file, the first window that appear is an input request for the texture path.
Let me say that time ago I tried XP as os, and for me it worked awfully with Blender and Python… so I turned back to win 98 (the more stable version I could find).

Env

I’m having similar problems with XP/blender2.26/yable

starting the plugin blender crashes.

using blender 2.25 everything works fine.

Same here, Yable works with 2.25, but crashes 2.26.

I’m running win98 and python2.0

:-?