problems with 2.53 beta sequencer

Im using the 2.53 beta sequencer for the first time and I have a lot of problems. First thing is that when I add an audio file(wav format) and I play the animation the sound isn’t playing. And second thing is the problem with the rendering. I have inported avi jpeg files ( animation parts made and rendered in blender) and tried to render them together after I have arranged them but any type of codec that I try to use blender tells me ( error initialising video or audio stream). The weirdest thing is that not so far ago I have sucsessfully worked with alpha version and I have had no problems but now it behaves in the same way as beta version. I realy don’t know what is going on.

What OS are you on?

First thing is that when I add an audio file(wav format) and I play the animation the sound isn’t playing.
This may be OS specific. For example I’m having problems with Jack at the moment on Linux, Neither 2.53 or other Jack apps are playing. What are you using SDL, OpenAL, Jack?

And second thing is the problem with the rendering. I have inported avi jpeg files ( animation parts made and rendered in blender) and tried to render them together after I have arranged them but any type of codec that I try to use blender tells me ( error initialising video or audio stream).
Is this just going to h264 for other codecs? Have you tried others, h264 I think needs qdiff 4 adding to the config, but that’s not easy to do with 2.53 as there is no access to FFMPEG flags, at the moment, like there was in 2.4xx.

As an aside, regarding rendering to jpeg AVI, that’s not best quality to then encode from. Raw AVI would be better or .png or .tif image sequences.

You could load your AVI into Avidemux, a OSS app and encode out from there. Avidemux offers a lot more options as well.

The weirdest thing is that not so far ago I have sucsessfully worked with alpha version and I have had no problems but now it behaves in the same way as beta version. I realy don’t know what is going on.
Yeah, s–t happens. :slight_smile:

The VSE is hopefully going to get more development according to the todo list, Proxies please!! and Xat’s Filter stack to replace effects strips. Even GPU accelerated effects possibly.

GPU?! that sounds exciting?

@3point, it was a comment on a commit a few weeks back regarding something along lines of ‘towards GPU effects’. Supposition on my part, combined with vdpau & libva open source api’s for accelerated video decoding, being enabled by default, in ffmpeg and vlc, I think in the next release of Ubuntu and other Linux distros. Libva is cross platform too so include windows I guess.

Still need a NVidia vid card of 8000 series or better to make use of vdpau on Linux at the moment, but then a 250 series with hdmi out, 1GB vid ram and 16 cuda cores are only about $60. :slight_smile:

With that and Xats filter stack and proxies on the 2.5 todo list, it’s just supposition on my part and probably way off, that these may all come together at some point. :slight_smile:

That’s good enough for me! When will it be ready? :slight_smile:

he he :slight_smile: ready, finished. Heck I’d be elated to here it had started. :slight_smile: