Problems with BGE

This message has been deleted.

2 Likes

Sometimes it is better to pull out some steam. Sorry it didn’t work out and I am sure that nobody likes wasted time. Well as you wrote there is no point to tell you what you should have done (you know that yourself) and I am not entirely sure but I believe that Blender game endgine has been put to the ground no (atleast by BF) ?

Idk maybe try to salvage as much as you can and switch to Godot https://godotengine.org/? Yeah you probably don’t wanna read things like that but well…

1 Like

There is one day left on the Udemy sale. They have many Unreal courses and most are $9.99 right now:

I’ve been working through 3 or 4 I bought and they are pretty good. I think there is a 30 day money back guarantee as well but don’t quote me on that part.

EDIT: There is also an Unreal bundle on sale over at HumbleBundle.

DeltaSpeeds has spent a considerable amount of his own unpaid time developing that to allow people like you to distribute games without fear of the source code being readily available. He’s been doing it for many years now. I have a huge amount of respect for him and what he’s created.

I would suggest you contact him and ask for help. The solution is probably something simple like supplying the right BlenderPlayer.

While I sympathise that you spent so much time and don’t feel you can use the result, the time for you to have dealt with these issues was when you first encountered them. The “prototyping” phase of game development is where all of the key features are tried as proof that it is possible and (ideally) there won’t be show-stopping issues. Putting them off till the end is only going to cause you considerable grief, regardless of the engine you ultimately decide to use.

This messge has been deleted.

This message has been deleted

BGE works fine - ask questions when you are stuck eh?

about using bge - I would recommend upbge 23a_oldBullet

this is what I am doing in upbge 0.3.0 -

1 Like

A-há.

Either ask for help when you encounter problems or do a better job of testing the waters early on, but don’t register on a board after a year just to take a farewell dump on it.

1 Like

At least you have made your assets and the gist of the game logic then. Jumping to another engine should not be a problem.

Do you mind changing the thread header? Some people browse the forums while at work and that listed at the top of the page isn’t very inviting. Think there may be additional words that could be used to get your thought across.

2 Likes

if you had done any research, you would have known the bge isnt good for much other than open games.

you still want to protect your assets? find another engine. time to cut your losses and chalk it as experience gained.

Blender is fine for games,

nothing prevents you from selling a game,
nothing prevents you from opening data external to the bundled blend.exe

nothing prevents you from having a portion of the data online and require an account.

Could you please describe the so called bugs?
I’m sorry, but I remain skeptical as I still use Blender 2.79a & have only run into RAM related crashes & bugs.

Keep in mind some bugs may just be a BGE bug & not Blender it-self, so you shouldn’t condemn a whole program just because some parts of it are broken.

Why you took the videos down? Now I’m curious to see this game.

1 Like

What the -
@moderators the thread owner has deleted all his posts in this thread.