Problems with Fluid Sim and GE (2.47)

So for the past 2 weeks or so I have been intensively playing around with the Game Engine mainly because of how all of the new updates are starting to center around it because of “Yo Frankie”, anyways in Blender 2.46 when ever I would play some thing in the game engine it would be at a decent FPS, but now that I have 2.47 I am constantly getting around 0.5-1 FPS. The majority of which it says is going to overhead. Is the problem just purely graphics card related?

Secondly, in this time that I found out I could no longer test games in the GE I have gone back to playing around with the fluid sim and it is having problems. When I set it up to around 200 resolution it only uses about 113MB of RAM so I decided to put it up as I high as I could but still under 600, this landed me at around 325 resolution. As soon as I hit Bake blender crashed saying

"Run Time Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\blender.exe

abnormal program termination"

Thanks for any help
Chris

Whoo! 2.47 buggy for u? Well, GE features for Apricot are not added till 2.5 exceptional to “Apricot Builds” , and Fluid Sim? Taking Res over 150(I don’t even rarely TOUCH) the res. Maybe max of 200-300 but otherwise is computer Not Responding or CRASH!

I get the exact same error with 2.47 on windows. This happens if fluidsim resolution is set higher than ~150 (there’s no exact threshold IMO). I thought that the updated 2.47 LAW build would solve this but that seems not to be the case.

All suggestions greatly appreciated!

-mats