Problems with painting mask...

I’m doing a tutorial where I am creating a mask to add rust to an object…

The part of the tutorial I am referring to is from minute 7:05 onward…

It’s a good tutorial, but for some reason after I have painted the mask, close blender, then reopen the project, all the painting I have done disappears. I have done it twice now and to say it’s frustrating is to put it mildly, I basically lost a couple of hours’ work. What am I missing?

I appreciate any help you can give me, as it has spoiled an otherwise very enjoyable and informative tutorial, which is a shame. :frowning:

, but for some reason after I have painted the mask, close blender, then reopen the project, all the painting I have done disappears. I have done it twice now and to say it’s frustrating is to put it mildly, I basically lost a couple of hours’ work. What am I missing?
Did you save the mask you painted using the Image menu ? If not then you should have done.

Also the Support / Tutorials, Tips and Tricks forum is for completed tutorials, not asking for support, that’s why there are all the other support forums split into different categories !

Thread moved to Support / Materials and Textures

He doesn’t mention that in his tutorial and this is my first time using this part of Blender.

Do you mean here, image > save as image ? I have to save this as a separate image somewhere? Don’t think I understand why it wouldn’t just be saved in the usual course of saving the file.

He doesn’t mention that in his tutorial and this is my first time using this part of Blender.
Yes he does. time code

Do you mean here, image > save as image ?
Yes

I have to save this as a separate image somewhere? Don’t think I understand why it wouldn’t just be saved in the usual course of saving the file.
Well now you know

Well I rather unsurprisingly didn’t watch that far in the tutorial. Your not the most friendly of moderators are you? Maybe you should find another position if you don’t enjoy helping people?