Procedural Material - Texture Bake issues

i’ve setup a procedural material thats doing some pretty wild things with noise patterns and now i’m wanting to bake the texture in order to do some more manual work in photoshop.

The problem I’m running into is that when I go to bake it, it comes out quite glitchy in certain areas (see below)

enter image description here

enter image description here

I’ve tried flipping/correcting the normals which seems like the most suggested answer on here for people running into similar problems but no success. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks :slight_smile:

Blender file here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YCXhStN0aXg4Duq0heLXuOZjcpS6wLF7

You need to fix your UVmap.
In special, there are overlapping faces in the ears, neck, eyes, nose and on the top of the head.

1 Like

yeah, you can use the smart UV unwrap if you want a quick and dirty solution, but I wouldn’t recommend you show it to your boss :joy:

1 Like

@Secrop @Troublesome Thanks for your help guys, sorry i’m a bit of a noob when it comes to proper UV mapping.

The UV project definitely gives me the result I want but I also tried the unwrap function and was wondering if there’s a quick n dirty way to clean up this unwrap so that it’s a bit more evenly scaled?

as you can see the face is really disproportionally scaled compared to the Neck :frowning:
Thanks again

Hover the cursor on the 3D viewport > press space > type “Smart UV Unwrap”
It should do the job :+1:

1 Like