Procedural Sneks [Free Material Download]

Thanks for sharing :+1:

1 Like

The file won’t open - keeps crashing on me. Might I be missing stuff needed?

Without taking a look at the actual node structure, I dare say it looks like he is making use of vector displacement.

https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/latest/render/cycles/nodes/types/vector/vector_displacement.html

1 Like

Thanks @all for the kind words! :slight_smile:

@bartv That’s amazing, thanks again Bart :smiley:

@kkar you can take a look at the file, the main nodegroup is really messy, but on the top layer I organized it pretty clearly

@masterxeon1001 awesome, can’t wait to see the result :slight_smile:
Btw, for alignment on something other than a snake I suggest using a separate UV Layer, dedicated to the alignement only, haven’t mentioned that yet

@Akexis My guess is that you are trying to open it with 2.79, the file only opens in 2.80. Pls, let me know if that’s not the case :slight_smile:

@Felix_Kutt It’s actually just regular displacement. But yes, displacement after all. The key is really the adaptive subsurf modifier

1 Like

That was the problem. Thanks.

Also, OMG this UI change! I’m getting back into Blender after a long hiatus, but wow it’s starting to look a lot more commercial. I’m going to have to learn the UI again.

1 Like

This file crashes whenever I try to open it.

What version are you trying to open it in?

1 Like

2.78 (random sentence because the site is forcing me to type more for no reason).

1 Like

Wow! Really great work.

1 Like

You probably want to use 2.8, because he said it works in EEVEE (which is only 2.8) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looks amazing! :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Snake Scale Roof Tiles - Slickest New Trend.

1 Like

Really well-made material. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Amazing work!

1 Like

incredible!! really good work!

1 Like

As I open the file in 2.8 the select doesn’t work. I have to press shift and then left mouse button click. However if I create a new ‘General’ tab then everything is normal.

You have to enable a select tool. Not sure why the cursor tool enabled by default in the startup file right now.

1 Like

As @chippwalters said, you likely want to give 2.8 a try then.