ProDani Mock-up Commercial

This is my first 3D animation :slight_smile:

I made this for an imaginary company which I’m using to practise graphic designing mostly. This is meant to be a short and random TV ad that doesn’t take itself seriously, because the imaginary company itself is portrayed in a humorous way.

Here’s the video:

This video wouldn’t have been possible to make without Jonathan Williamson’s amazing OceanSim tutorial for Blender. Go check it out: http://cgcookie.com/blender/2011/11/15/creating-an-ocean-scene-with-oceansim-and-cycles/

Ps. I also used a tutorial to create that ball and it was by Jonathan as well if I remember correctly :slight_smile:

Nicely done! :slight_smile:

Maybe ball should drift a little bit slower, but then probably animation would take too long, so I think that fast drift is better choice.

Yeah, I agree but I gave myself a 10 second limit (which I exceeded by 0,5 seconds) and I had to make it fit to that time window. Though it definately would’ve been better if it was a bit slower :slight_smile:

Nicely done. The waves seem to accelerate and then slow down near the end… don’t know if this was on purpose or not.

Really nice, this could totally be a TV ad

@stevecameron: After you mentioned it I took a closer look at the waves and you’re right… it seems that the waves stop moving at the end of the animation so that’s why they slow down. It was not intentional at all. Thanks for pointing that out :slight_smile:

@luccasBode: Thanks! =)

Nice. I’m going to have to do that OceanSim tutorial! I agree with sftd about making it longer - to rationalise it, you could apply your 10second limit to the sea scene and add a couple more for the titles? One other suggestion is that the swell in the middle distance should probably rise slightly above the horizon to mask the “flatness” of the horizon. I’m still trying to work out the best way to do good horizons in blender.

@Kauranga: Yup, even a few seconds more would’ve helped getting the speed and pacing more fluent. I should’ve posted this as a WIP here before making the final render :slight_smile:

That tutorial I have in the OP has a way of blending the horizon but I removed it because it didn’t work after I added the ball and the character. I didn’t know how to fix the mask so I just decided to remove it and live with the flat and sharp horizon.

Thanks a lot for your advice! :slight_smile: