Project 7722486 27677

Here’s another update for my project. I found some old drawings of some characters I drew and decided to incorporate them into my project.

Due to the limit of photos I can post per post, I have to create another post for my images.

I still have one more image to post up.

All of the characters were inspired by the anime shows that watched and from the How to Draw Anime books. I was suppose to create 25 characters, but I’ve only created 4 so far. The next post will show off the newest character that I created recently.

This is Bailey West. I actually made him on a whim when I was in the process of creating one of the main characters fro my project. I don’t have a purpose for him yet but I will put him in the supporting characters section.

Xeroshadow-
I would happy to help with the occasional asset (e.g cookers/chairs etc.) when I am not too busy. PM me if you need anything…

I am mainly a mechanical person - modelling organic things doesn’t suit me…

Ok, that’s great! If there’s inorganic machine I would contact you about it. A question lingers while I was typing this. Can you create vehicles?

With time, yes.Although not at the moment until I have finished my V-2 project, I would be happy to help you with them after this however. Check crashed helicopter in finished projects section if you want an idea of what sort of things I do…

If there is anything small you need PM and I can do it now, it’s just I want to finish my current project before doing anything with vehicles.

I completely understand. I’ll ask you once I come up with another idea.

I was thinking that the people might look great with a Freestyle render. Maybe toon shading. If that’s not the look you are going for then skin shaders are tough, maybe add some SSS? Also, in general, IMHO one of the most distracting things about non-photorealistic renders is the lack of depth. You can add this by adding some AO and grunge to textures and also consider adding mist or DOF blur.

THe people’s eyes are disturbing me, maybe the eyeball and eyesocket should be deeper?? I don’t know, they are too big to be real but too small to be cartoony, if that makes any sence. I hope that I helped, good luck with your project, looks like you’ve done a ton of work, keep it up!

The character design was suppose to be based off the anime drawing style, hence the shape of the eyes. Personally, I think that the eyes on the characters are fine the way they are. I took a look at the Freestyle render. I can’t see myself actually using it in the project. Now, why would I need to add the other settings like SSS, AO, the grunges, and the blur?

So recently, I went back to creating an environment for my project and I’ve been working on the city of Cetra after I created my first 2 characters. I’ve based the creation of certain parts of the city from different sections of two cites in the US. But to create it in a wider scale will take some time. Take a look at the images below.

The extra pieces are intersections for me to connect to create the streets. My only concern now is that with the other parts that I have created, what in the world am I going to do with it?

For the past 24 hours, I have worked on the Quantum Power Suit’s helmet as I tried to capture the Super Sentai/Knight feel. This is what I got so far.

I feel like that there’s something missing, but what is it I wonder…

When I was creating this city so many months ago, I had a hard time trying to find out exactly where should that part of the city end. So after 2 days of working on last week, this is what I created.

I forgot to turn the specularity down. It will be turned off once I get some buildings on the city.

cool stuff man :slight_smile:

wow, thats alot of work o_O

Yeah, all created by me. I still have to work on the helmet. And then after that, I have to deal with the monsters, the villains, and the other possible locations. I’m thinking on starting on a medieval setting for one of my random dimensions. And then the people residing in the dimensions… Man! I got a lot to go.

Ok, So I created another helmet as the basis of one of my character.

Now I have changed the the design on the visor of the helmet but I still think that it is missing something. It’s some how missing something that makes it feels like a knight helmet from a Super Sentai Series. Any ideas on what I could add to the helmet?

In this post, I was able to post some of shots of a city block within my city.

I used a couple of cubes to simulate the buildings that will be replaced in the future. However, the more I add to the city scene, sooner or later it’s going to slow down once the scene is rendered for animation.

Back again and this time I’m showing you at least 3 of the 5 crystals for my series.

For the past week, I have worked on this helmet day after day. This incarnation is my fourth attempt of redesigning it. I think that my fear of creating too many vertices on one mesh alone was the only thing holding me back. I don’t have the strongest PC on the planet, although it would help me a lot if I did, but I think that this version of the helmet would be my best creation yet.