Project Kilo -- be happy

Um I wasn’t sure that this would be the best place to put this. But considering we are going to be using Blender for nearly all art, I think it works.

This is Project Kilo, the project that will hopefully fill a gap in Linux that it has had for a long time.
The absence of a purely magnificent singleplayer RPG that would make Windows users drool.

I started this because I was sick of switching between Linux and Windows and I knew why. And why you may do too.

Windows has all the Killer games.

It’s that simple.

I saw a need and I was sick of siting around waiting for someone to do something about it. I didn’t want to be one of those people that said, “God, I wish so bad I had a really good open source RPG to play on Linux!” and then went to bed. Sure we have a handful of pretty great MMORPGs, but they’re just not the same.
If your looking for adventure, enemies to kill, and a great engrossing story to complete; your nearly out of luck. Sure I agree there are games like S.C.O.U.R.G.E. But that’s not as in depth as many people want. So I’ve started a project to create an RPG that would compete with high end RPGs on other systems.

But I want to get this as community made as possible. I want to create a game with the spirit of Linux behind it.

Here’s the website. Be warned the game is in early planning stages.
http://proj-kilo.sourceforge.net

I have a forum up and would appreciate it if you would visit it. But please know I want to keep the forum as positive as possible, so if you don’t like the idea then please flame me here not there.
‘Make sure to check out the story I’ve got cooking up.’

Thank you for your time.

[edit] by the way here’s an article about Project Kilo on Free Gamer.

well, i don’t mind making some models and textures for you when ever i can, though know that I’m all so working on a animation project so that means i might not be extreemly active :frowning:

1 Like