Project Kunoichi (no name yet) [!nudity!]

Wow, the model is perfect as far as i can see.

Is there a chance you could post some wireframe shots of her. I’m intrigued on how you did her topology.

yes I’m intrigued on how you did her topology too. I see ayane times behind, very good model

You ask, I post :stuck_out_tongue:

Attachments

Other screens

Attachments

Ok, enough for today :stuck_out_tongue:

Attachments

Really really good topology i think. Real clean.
Do you make pose with a lattice ?

This great, very good :smiley:

You use for Rigging?

I use the Mesh Deform. The skeleton controls directly the Mesh Deform object which deform the character. I also use a vertex group to choose which parts are controlled by the the MD and which aren’t. Then the hands, feet and head are directly controlled by the skeleton.

As I explained on my old Ayane thread, I use the MD technique because it’s easier to skin the character, but the main reason is that I can add clothes (such as underwears, sportswears…) that don’t need cloth simulation and make them fit the character easily.

Attachments

I have been watching your posts with interest for some time now. I tried the mesh deform on a project but was unable to get it to come out quite right. Have you run into any problems unique to this type of rigging, or have you found it to be pretty straight forward? Well after seeing your project I think I am inspired enough to give mine another try, is there any tutorial on the subject you would recomend? (I am limited to nonvideo tutorials, my internet connection is just too slow to watch video).

You can find an example here (bottom of thepage):
http://www.blender.org/development/release-logs/blender-246/mesh-deform/

The problems I had was to make the character fit the MD object correctly when it was calculated (ie, vertex that doesn’t move with the MD), having good deformation (the level of precision) and the calculating time (I had to create a precise enough MD object with the less vertex possible)

And the method to separate the hands/feet/head from the MD influence is a good way to save time :yes:

thanks, is very help

Thanks for the link, I think I looked at it a while back, but I’ll review it again before I start. And good tip about the hands/head/feet. I did want to ask you about when you put clothing on your model, how much trouble have you had with break through? You know where the one mesh pushes through the other. Is there a minimum amount of space that you want to leave between the model and the clothing?

I don’t really know if there are specific conditions, but since the first try to make fit clothes with MD, it worked very well. I didn’t have much trouble with it. One thing I try to do is to keep as much as possible the same topology (easy with t-shirts, less with bikinis :P) Of course, I noticed some break through on extreme posing, but nothing really serious, and think that you can also hide the body parts that you don’t see :rolleyes:

Hmmm. I had not thought of hiding them. I know some people delete sections of their mesh if it is covered by something else. But is there a setting to keep a selected part of a mesh from rendering? I know that hitting the ‘h’ key will hide selected regions, but I don’t think that affects the rendered result. I’ll need to look into that some more. I suppose you could assign it a new material with the alpha set to zero… Yes, something to look into…

Yeah, an invisible material is the way to go, then you just have to assign it on the polys you want to hide.

Ok, time to show how this WIP is going :yes:

Attachments

Looks great, I think you need to be careful not to make the eyes too white though

Yeah, I guess you’re right now you said it :confused:

I did a little test video with compositing and defocus. I think the result is good :yes:

http://www.vimeo.com/5463077

Some little changes on the hair and her face :spin:

Attachments

Cool, awesome vid!