Project Parasite

for all those who think the word project in a title means a team, Project Parasite IS the game name, not Parasite. Taking this into account, an artist would still be nice :wink:

In the year 2054, a metorite crashed to earth, and scientists found an egg within it. The egg soon hatched into a kind of worm, and reproduced rapidly, with no need for a male or female. The strange thing about them was that only certain kinds layed eggs, and they always layed their eggs in meat. That gave them the nickname of ā€œParasitesā€. You are a security guard at the facility that is studying these monstrocities under the code name of Project Parasite. One day while you are in a lab, an earthquake hits, and the door is blocked. Worse, the Parasiteā€™s glass holding cells have shattered. Knowing that you must keep theā€¦things from reaching life, you must activate lockdown, use a secret exit to escape before you are trapped.

Welcome to Project Parasite!
This is a short FPS horror game of maybe 2 - 3 levels, based on Socialā€™s template. The first level is done, and the storyline for that level is displayed above. a few glitches still, and nothing happens when you win, other than the screen fading out.

Screenshots:

Opening cutscene

After the lockdown has been activated, the alarm turns on, red lights turn on, timer appears, and the door opens.

Heading down the hall to the end, I turned around the corner to meet another small batch oā€™ Parasites.

So far there are three types of Parasites:
medium - slow, take two shots to kill
small - quick, but only takes one shot to kill
lithe medium - looks like a medium, but longer, and a bit faster; two shots will do it in.

Now, after making you look at that, here is the game!

Sound credit:
smcameron - gunshot
HardPCM - alarm
SFXbible - hissing noise
unkown - earthquake, glass shattering

Looks cool! iā€™ll try it out!

Edit:Good game keep up the good work!

Hey yo where do you get your sounds at? Btw i got a nice decent frame rate!

I got the sound from soundsnap and free sound project, which reminds meā€¦

ok thx that should help me alot!

Holy shit the creator isnt bitching about his shitty graphics card?!?!? i am shocked.

I didnā€™t download, but by the looks of it the textures need some work and so does the level design, its a bit dull imo, but, I said those as critiques not insults.

This looks like a good start. Good luck.

@ alex
yeah, Iā€™m awful at texturingā€¦ wait, how can you say the level design needs work if you havenā€™t downloaded?!
@ blafen
I get around 55 FPS just running aroundā€¦ itā€™s strange!

HEY whats THAT mean?!?