- Strand render now has options to remove child strands as
the object’s faces becomes smaller, in the Simplification
- “Reference Size” is the approximate size of the object on
screen, after which simplification starts.
- “Rate” is how fast strands are removed.
- “Transition” is the percentage of strands being faded out as
they are removed.
- Another “Viewport” option removes strands on faces that are
outside of the viewport. “Rate” again controls how fast these
- Strand render in Blender Units now has an adjustable minimum
width. Below this minimum width, strands start fading out
instead of getting smaller
Some optimization that reduces or simplifies strands as they get further from the camera, good for minimizing memory use with huge fields of grass or crowds of furry creatures:)