Project presentation

Hi, I would like some tips on what to consider when uploading a project presentation to portfolio websites like Artstation or Behance. I’ve seen artists just do the mesh with like a gradient background like this link and others do things like different renders like(AO, Normal, wireframe) something like this project. I’ve tried to look for a well detailed guide on how to present your work but I’ve not found anything helpful. Thanks in advance

1 Like

I don’t think there are some strict rules to it and I doubt there is a detailed guide on project presentation. Making a good project presentation is not a technical hard skill, you just need to observe and adapt. Scroll through the Artstation (or Behance!), search for the best-looking projects and save them in your collection (or create a Moodboard!), then pick the best of them, and analyze their structure. Technical renders, renders order, size, style, text - use their ideas to blend them and create your unique project presentation style. Just make sure it looks good, if you ain’t so sure you can always ask people for criticism.

If you’re not a prop low poly modeler and more like a viz guy or designer, I recommend you to search for inspiration on Behance - there is a bunch of immaculate projects, and their presentation is just top-notch.

1 Like