Project Shark

I’ve been here for a week or so, made about 30 some posts, and and started playing with Blender. This project is my first jump into Blender, so along with comments and critics, I’ll be looking for modeling, material, and lighting advice.

Project Shark

Project Shark is a mod I’ve been working on for a few months now (case mod, not game mod) based off the Thermaltake Shark. In the beginning, I was going to model the concept to get ideas of what I could do to the case, but I didn’t have time to learn Max or Blender then. I do now, and so I’ve started. This first render is after about 1 to 1 and a half hours of working (mostly figuring out the best way to do something, messing with materials, etc). It’s the start of the top of the case, where my 120.2mm radiator will be. In the picture is the blue plexi trim I’m making, and an AC Ryan RadGrill. I need to work on the material for the RadGrill, because it looks like it was sandblasted, not anodized.

Anyways, rendered in Yafray for about 5 minutes :D:D.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l257/andypwnsall/RadGrill.png

It’s still a bit dark and bit too close so it’s hard to estimate what is on picture (do not worry, take a look at other threads- making everything too dark is probably most common mistake). In any case- geometry looks nice and clean.