Project ''TR''

Highest quality CG tire I have seen so far, really nice! :smiley:

1 Like

There is still lot of space for improvements, but I need move on other parts and finish the project :smiley:
But - Thank you! Comments like your always give my more reasons to spend hours a and days just on tire…
I hope I’ll keep same amount of details for rest of my project…

I never knew tires could be so amazing to look at :smiley:

Great stuff, can’t wait to see the whole vehicle.

1 Like

Your material is very convincing. Any chance you could share your shader setup with us?

Thank you yakuzakazuya !
Still lot of work a front of me:) If I’ll chose some of industry standard/procedural way I’ll be probably faster, but since I try to establish my workflow completely in open source or free area everything take much more time - for now :wink: But I hope - You I’ll see final result in next couple of months…

1 Like

Thank you Mark06GT!
There is nothing special on the material right now - it is just base Principled shader, with small amount of SSS + some procedural noise bump. Most of the magic is done in textures creation in Krita…
But back to your question, I would like share as much as possible - but right now I don’t have time for make some completed breakdown. I’ll do that once, when I’ll be done with this project…
Anyway I’ll share node graph later today…

Here is my tire material - nothing special, standart PBR texture + some procedural bump for tire microdetails - this pastern is masked by dirt mask. Because mesh is full of details Normal map is almost without any information, there is just tread, red and yellow dots, some damages, and dirt.
I add little bit of SSS and final material is slightly mixed with translucent shader - it is just a small touch, but it create nice coat for entire material…

1 Like

First update which is not related to the tire!
I started work on the rim, after tough decision I choose as a reference and main inspiration one of the rim from WER. Originally I was thinking about some KMC rim, but the shape and curves of WER rim totally hook me…

And here you can check my starting point…

1 Like

Small update…

2 Likes

Another update… I hope I’ll finish rim before the next update…

6 Likes

Thanks for posting the shader network. That rim looks very cool.

I use a different method to model the rims. But yours looks incredibly detailed and complex. Did you use Boolean to make the placement of the bolts? Because I don’t see any weird shading outside of the area.

Yes I use Boolean operation combined with knife cut, also some shrinkwrap modifier for general shape and for spin I use array… Topology is right now really dense, this help me avoid all boolean issues…
But once when I’ll be done with rim, I’ll optimize mesh flow for perfect shading and set the normal orientation… Then I’ll also share final wireframe…

Hi, I almost finished the wheel, there is still some details to do like tire valve and couple of nuts etc, but let say 95% completed. I had the idea make some flames around the beadlock, nice touch, but time consuming… Next step will be brake disk and caliper and yes I choose probably one of the most complicated shaped caliper on the market for trophy truck
There is couple of screens from progress + wireframe

7 Likes

It would be good to have a video tutorial on how you achieve the so nicely bevelings on so complex shaped meshes. It would be a great help for a lot of people who struggle to achieve high quality results in modeling.

Hi @Fatesailor,
Right now I’m really busy in my professional life and I’m happy when I’m able to do at least something on this project.
And of course, I’m not a good in making videos - actually I never tried make some video tutorial :movie_camera: :slightly_smiling_face:
I think there is plenty of good tutorials across the universe about hardsurface modeling…

Anyway, once when I’ll be done with the project, I hope I’ll find some time to cover all of my workflow from modeling to final touch in postproduction…
It is one of my target but right now I don’t know how and when…

There is still long way a front of me and I believe that - Greater things are yet to come…

2 Likes

Hi,

Currently I’m working on brakes, I’ll share some progress really soon. But last couple of days I do also some research for future tasks for this project… And today I finish the weld normal map, this should be part of a bigger atlas texture…
It is basic PBR material, only normal map is plugged…
And yes, it is rendered in eevee

4 Likes

Wow, love the welds (and the other stuff you’ve done since I last checked your progress). Great job.

Thank you @Mark06GT !

Same, I’m really excited to see this project moving forward! I love the quality you’re able to create!