Project ''TR''

Highest quality CG tire I have seen so far, really nice! :smiley:

1 Like

There is still lot of space for improvements, but I need move on other parts and finish the project :smiley:
But - Thank you! Comments like your always give my more reasons to spend hours a and days just on tire…
I hope I’ll keep same amount of details for rest of my project…

I never knew tires could be so amazing to look at :smiley:

Great stuff, can’t wait to see the whole vehicle.

1 Like

Your material is very convincing. Any chance you could share your shader setup with us?

Thank you yakuzakazuya !
Still lot of work a front of me:) If I’ll chose some of industry standard/procedural way I’ll be probably faster, but since I try to establish my workflow completely in open source or free area everything take much more time - for now :wink: But I hope - You I’ll see final result in next couple of months…

1 Like

Thank you Mark06GT!
There is nothing special on the material right now - it is just base Principled shader, with small amount of SSS + some procedural noise bump. Most of the magic is done in textures creation in Krita…
But back to your question, I would like share as much as possible - but right now I don’t have time for make some completed breakdown. I’ll do that once, when I’ll be done with this project…
Anyway I’ll share node graph later today…

Here is my tire material - nothing special, standart PBR texture + some procedural bump for tire microdetails - this pastern is masked by dirt mask. Because mesh is full of details Normal map is almost without any information, there is just tread, red and yellow dots, some damages, and dirt.
I add little bit of SSS and final material is slightly mixed with translucent shader - it is just a small touch, but it create nice coat for entire material…

1 Like

First update which is not related to the tire!
I started work on the rim, after tough decision I choose as a reference and main inspiration one of the rim from WER. Originally I was thinking about some KMC rim, but the shape and curves of WER rim totally hook me…

And here you can check my starting point…

1 Like

Small update…

2 Likes

Another update… I hope I’ll finish rim before the next update…

4 Likes