This Project started in 2014 from a challenge to myself in doing real-time movable tank tracks in Blender Game Engine.
After accomplishing that goal, my understanding of Blender Game Engine grew along with my curiosity to learn how far I could go with Blender and the Game Engine alone in making a full game, while also learning to code.
New goals were set: learn the Game Engine further, find the limitations and try to overcome them, improve my skill in Blender as a modeler and use Blender as the sole software for all assets, scripts, textures, lights etc.
This is the result so far.
Features:- good vehicle physics
- easy to adapt a new vehicle model to the physics system
- ballistic gun shots with auto gun adjustment to the target
- menu system where you can easily integrate a new vehicle or map
- fun to drive and adjust parameters like:
- engine horsepower
- maximum rpm
- auto shift gear up and down rpm
- gear ratios
- vehicle weight (mass)
- drag and down-force
- rolling resistance
- suspensions and much more
although you can individually adjust most of the parameters yourself, the system can also automatically adjust engine and suspensions giving just 3 or 4 parameters like horsepower, mass and drag coefficientWhat's next? Some ideas still need to be polished but my goal is to develop something between a multiplayer tank game to a tank race game or both.- more vehicles and maps - better overall special effects and graphics
- optimizations (although this runs on a 2010 laptop with a modest Nvidia GT 425m at 60 to 90 fps, a lot can be done to improve
- implement an online multiplayer system (big task - need support)
- create an add-on for Blender to help customize a vehicle
- release a public demo
- ultimately try to improve Blender game engine itself (huge task - need a lot of support)
At this stage of development feedback will be important and most welcome