Project Tuuli

@TheAsianGuy_LOL Yeah, it looks like shared edges would make animating it hell. It’s easier to figure something about skin <> caruncle texture transition if it comes to it.

I’m going to rig the face. I want to work with tension maps or something similar too, but I have yet to try it. And despite having rigged a fair number of limbs, jaws/eyes and weird inanimate objects this will be my first expression rig. Wish me luck!

Since texturing requires being able to open and close eyes I’m fiddling with them, getting a bit carried away in the process. New test: Corneal… bulge dynamics? No idea what’s this supposed to be called.

(Ignore the caruncle clipping, it needs correction after the cornea reshape)

Found two ways to do the bulge, however both use deformation-type modifiers so they’re terribly slow. I need to think this over if I ever want to make this compatible with game engines.

Oh, and a funny (if not common) accident. I’m sure there must be some Junji Ito story out there about hair coming out of your mouth!

By now I’m almost 100% sure I’ll move hair and eyebrows to separate meshes to make them interchangeable between characters while avoiding this.

3 Likes