Proper song support for BGE?

As far as I’m aware, music plays a massive role in games and film.

The BGE seems to be unable to take .wav files over 20MB, and this is pretty rich considering that it only supports .wav format.

And why not midis? Aren’t they the simplest, smallest sound files available? Can it be modified to take different formats?

A good idea for the 2.5 release (a long way off, granted) would be a new menu used to “layer” soundtracks that run in the background, allowing for longer sounds, real music being played in the background, and clever little details like feet walking on the floor or rain pattering off trees to give real atmosphere…

When can I properly use music to cover-up my games’ graphical shortcomings? :confused:

I agree, BGE needs support for more file formats. MP3 and OGG would rock (literally and figuratively).

Im pretty sure somebody made a script for importing MIDI files a while ago…

And what might that script be?

gah, I cant remeber… It was a MIDI improt script that popped up in the python forums a while back. Im not sure how it would work for the GE…
Alright, heres the last post on the Thread

I know I haver been quite quiet for a while, but I have been working all hours at work, tsk. Pretty soon I should free up again and have time for MiX. FYI, I am currently building a small render farm to allow my idea - > avi process to be much quicker… You will see more coming out of the MiX factory soon

heres the link…
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=78403&page=5&highlight=MIDI+Import+Script
I dont know if that will really help…

OGG and WMV are my preference

I agree too… Meanwhile, make a .wav-song and reloop it, will work…