ProportionalTextureing

When createing lots of game objects or just lots of objects in general, is their a form of texture to model comparison when it comes to pixel count on the UV to the actual width of an object, for example ingame I might have a dumpster next to a bench both roughtly the same size, yet their UV pixel count for each object would be different resulting in more pixels on the one than on the other, either because one of the UV maps being a different size or because the size’s of the UV islands being different.

Is their an easy way that I can calculate pixels to object width in order to get a consistant pixel count and an even spread across the 3D world?

Should I not worry too much about the above?

And if anyone is aware do actual game companies use a specific number of pixels to object width? And is their a standard?

As for pixels to object width, I don’t personally know of an easy way to achieve this, but you can use the unwrap menu’s Cube Projection entry to unwrap your object according to its size (I think). This way, a building should have the same sized bricks all around it.

Are you making just a normal 3D game, or a pixelly game (where mixing resolutions is more obvious)? For a general 3D game, I don’t know of any real way to ensure the pixels to object size is accurate other than making sure you’re using appropriately sized images for the objects you have (i.e. if a building’s texture looks blurry, make its texture larger).

Anyway, if it’s not obvious, don’t worry about it.

Ok thankyou, I am not createing a game yet just learning and building up game models, trying to learn as much about the gameing side of 3D modeling as possible.