Protecting ideas & intellectual property

Off the top of my head I can’t think of any good reason why someone wouldn’t want to submit (as long as it was a hash and as long as there weren’t any steep fees $), but since nobody has built a system like that it’s a moot point; there’s no chain to submit to, just the existing copyright registries.

? Are you sure? There’s quite a few blockchain platforms I’ve been hearing about…
Are you a Blockchain guy??

No, I’m not. Blockchain has largely become an overused buzz word like “synergy” or “big data”. It isn’t actually a solution to most of the “problems” it is proposed for (a solution in search of a problem). It’s just a distributed, cryptographic way to keep track of ‘things’ (the main use case so far has been cryptocurrency transaction ledgers).

If someone has actually built a blockchain-based registry I haven’t heard of it (although, like you, I’ve heard some people suggest that it could be used as such). That would be something interesting to take a look at if someone has actually built one.

'kay, check this page - right off, it starts with “rights management” and “rights owners” blah blah - worth checking out, no? :slight_smile: :

https://medium.com/@LimbaniBhavik/web-3-0-blockchain-tech-revolution-on-the-internet-a9709e149452

Also, with due respect, if you’re not a Blockchain guy, then how would you know what it is and is Not a solution for??

It’s pretty easy. Block chain has been around for years now, and other than krypto currencies, there are no meaningful use cases.

People who are trying to convince others that block chain will save everything are the people who will profit the most off of it.

If you see any real (not conceptual) projects outside of currencies that are using blockchain, feel free to post them.

Did you read this, or just skim it and post it?

I’ve read a good chunk of it, though not all.