Proton Beam

Thank you cuervo the thing is really cool :smiley:

sorry Nick is being a douche.

@ Nick I understand n thanks. To be honest i do want to move on but i’m to invested. N i do use my game as a “danger room” n code new things in it as i go. So mario is like my debug test room. I save these files n put them away or give them out. In hindsight i do regret getting so invested in the project, but there was a calling for it by my subscribers and it pushed me to take it back up. I hesitate releasing it as a open source fuck off project, but i know nintnedo would ban it. It looks to uncanny to the real thing. I have a another game that i could evolve this to , but Mega Man comes into mind n i repeat the same pattern. Although i would remodel everything to be my own assets, and make new mechanics. All the code is reusable 100% mine to. what do u think?

Also that curve has a lot of potential. it can hold the shape of any object in it. I was thinking of using the debug function to srcoll a plane with a spark sprite in it and spawn a few here n there. It would give it a pro look. An extra screen blur n glow shader would be sick too.

I just had a crazy idea for how to get the light to glow on the floor and have the shape of the beam. i’ll post when i get it. It would only work in flat ground though, which sux.

@Fred i’m gonna make a resourse thead for this. if u need help configuring a gun let me know, but only if ur serious. It could be done but u need python to change the way the 7 points arrange themselves and how to scroll the mesh from a spawn point to end.

ok so here is the final version. I am pretty pleased with it. tell me what u guys think. I added a little music in the blend hope it suits it.
more could be done boost up fps.

In the file hit space bar to excite the beam.

Attachments

photon_blaster4.blend (9.89 MB)

• all that I thought, I already said - be careful with other people’s resources and TM. All the projects that you want to earn further on, do according to the principle - clear code (own), and my own resources. But the theme with Mario will have to be stopped at the level - fan work, without commercial use of name, design … and your code, it remains yours, like.
    And do not forget that their national products are protected not only by corporations (owners), but also by intelligence - they have a special section … and there are contactless ones, only the forearms are itching… if only he would not be in a psychiatric clinic, or even hang himself - be careful.
    If you are preparing a commercial project, do not rush to tell everyone about it - behave secretly.

forgot to add:

• for whatever OS you are, the working computer should be without the Internet … :cool:

congrats, this looks amazingly good, almost trippy

edit: here’s in action :smiley:

https://media.giphy.com/media/AEGf1dEEqKxZA2p5Bo/giphy.gif

@burnin oh just hit space bar and it will be. thanks for the input i appreciate it.

Oh, that’s the thing. That’s so much better. Like it & love it :smiley:

https://media.giphy.com/media/sRLguxNBFTMhCu8H8m/giphy.gif

I think it’s time for a new thread.

@Cuervo: Thanks for taking the time to do this. It’s really cool, and just what I was looking for. :slight_smile: