Proxify a Proxy system for Blender

why im getting this error

i tried to create new mesh and target same issue

EDIT: I just tried Lodify and it does exactly what I wanted. Thank you so much!

Thank you for both Proxify and Lodify. I’ve just started with Proxify and it’s really fast and easy to use.

I have a question about shapekeys. I’m trying to use Proxify for character animation. It works great to pose a character in lower res and then render in higher. However, I use a lot of shapekeys for facial expressions. Is there any way to automatically carry over shapekeys to the higher poly model, or is it only done manually afterwards?

My low and high poly both have the same shapekeys so a small part of me thinks this should be possible.

Thanks!

Hey Domiek,
unfortunately shape key are not compatible with this workfow :frowning: as each shapeskeys are assigned per meshes and we are basically exchanging meshes continuously. Only bones modifiers animation is compatible with the workflow assuming all meshes have same assigned vertex groups.

Btw i created this mainly for archviz and environment artists. i believe blender propose more advance proxy solution for animators, with blend linking and library override ect… not my domain.

1 Like

I’m using DAZ figures in blender where I put a subdiv 2 modifier on the figure for rendering, while using the unmodified low poly for posing. I use a surface deformer mod on clothes to make them follow figure movements more accurately without getting involved with weight painting. The problem is that the surface deformer binds to the figure while it’s still at subdiv 0 in the viewport, but becomes broken when the mod kicks in to subdiv 2 the character during render.

This probably isn’t the way your plugin was meant to be used, but it solves my problem. I’m able to surface deform bind clothes to the subdiv 0 figure, while running a proxy on the subdiv 2 mesh. It works perfectly with shapekeys. Thank you for this wonderful tool.

Proxify v5 is not working in 2.83 + version. :frowning_face:

check out Lodify, It’s way more useful and designed.

Proxify was only but a first attempt at implementing the concept

3 Likes

For link object it does not work. I have a high poly tree Link in new file and want to target it its not. Picker does not pick the link mesh.

by definition it cannot work with linked assets, as the meshdata is not accessible

Cool. I can make a new video about this one :wink:

sure if you’d like :slight_smile:

here’s mine if you need further explanations

It seems like Proxify allowed me to create a LOD right inside the panel addon, while with Lodify I have to create it outside of it.

Any reason for that?

1 Like