Proxima Systems Commercial 4 - Asteroids

Exploring space animation these last months, with the space VFX course from Creative Shrimp.

Starting the Asteroid stuf after a bunch of planets. Tried a small animation with it, and add a simple space station to make the story a bit more consistent. And turns it as a fake Sci-Fi commercial.

Hope you’ll enjoy :wink:

Raw renders:

And different passes from the base object.

7 Likes

Looks good. Those asteroids are excellent, and the lighting is very effective.

1 Like

Thank you.
I slightly started to understand how lighting is important, and it’s not all about texturing. Lot of stuff to dig :wink:

1 Like

great work…

1 Like

Thank you. This SPace VFX course is so much knowledge.

Is that Eevee or Cycles?
Either way, you have some nasty animation artifacts in the image. They appear at the terminator line of the bright light and i find them not aesthetically pleasing and overall detracting from the quality of the work. This high frequency flickering is a sure telltale that the animation is computer generated.
You could tackle it several ways, i am just not sure where it comes from.
More samples, higher resolution, AA or denoising will fix it.

1 Like

It’s actually Cycles.

Yeah I still need to understand how ro render nicely in the middle of all these parameters. Since the I found the 2.8.1 denoiser really helpful, but it won’t help my lack of knowledge. I think I renderd this at 500 sample, but only 1080p due to the long time for all the frames.
Stills are at 4K.
Plus the fact I don’t have the eye to catch all the bad details, as I have so many basics to learn.

Thank you for mentionning it, and if you have some tips that may works in general cases, i’ll be happy, as I want to hunt noise and artefacts too :wink:

Great lighting, great modelling, very well done. I like it!

1 Like

Thank you so much :wink: